New! Orientation to Clinical Research Billing Course (#09155) is available through the LMS
- Identify steps of the research billing process;
- Determine what the study team must do to ensure compliance;
- Your responsibilities for ensuring research billing compliance.
CRC Mentoring Program
Clinical Research Coordinator Mentoring Program
The CTSC CRC Mentoring Program is a one-on-one mentoring program for UCD Clinical Research Coordinators and other research staff in a CRC functional role (provided by request from a home Department/ORU). Priority is given to those participating in FDA-regulated clinical trials with drugs, devices or dietary supplements. The program is provided for a maximum of 10 hours of face-to-face training with a CTSC mentor. Department funding is required for the trainee to enter the program. Flat fee of $1000 is charged at the entry into the Program.
Mentoring Program Goals:
- Intake : read CTSC Clinical Trials SOP#3 (internet) and take go over Competency Assessment Checklist (included in the SOP)
- Introductory meeting: review knowledge gaps and design personalized training plan
- On site evaluation and assessment: informed consent process and documentation, Blood draws, Regulatory Binders, Invision/EMR, Preparation of Regulatory Documents.
- Review: the mentoring program is considered complete when the identified knowledge/performance gaps are closed. The Coordinator Competencies Checklist will be used to evaluate completion of assigned training or tasks. Each section of the checklist will be dated and initialed by both the mentor and the mentee after completion.
Contact: Virina De Jesus, Sr. Research Coordinator, CRC Mentoring Program Lead, CTSC Clinical Trials Group (firstname.lastname@example.org)