- Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC)
- Clinical Trials at UC Davis Health
- Office of Medical Research
- Research at UC Davis Health
- UC Davis Office of Research
- F. William Blaisdell, M.D., Medical Library
- University Writing Program
- Egghead - Egghead is a research blog. It offers news stories, video, audio clips on major research-related topics from UC Davis. The name was inspired by Robert Arneson's Egghead sculptures on campus.
- Community Engagement Consultation Service
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) Administration
Annual Grant Writing Symposium
Each spring we partner with the UC Davis School of Medicine Grants Facilitation Team on a full day grant writing symposium. For more information about this symposium, please visit our Annual Grant Writing Symposium webpage.
Scientific Writing for Publication Workshop
Thursday, February 22, 2018
12:00 to 1:30 pm (lunch provided)
Education Bldg., Room 3207
4610 X Street, Sacramento
Click here to register
Workshop flyer (PDF)
Presented by Richard L. Kravitz, MD, MSPH
Professor and Co-vice Chair (Research)
Department of Internal Medicine
Director, UC Center Sacramento
Asked to describe what he did for a living, an academic colleague thought about about it for a moment and said, "I'm a scientific writer." Without discounting the other things health sciences faculty do, writing is surprisingly central. In this workshop, Dr. Kravitz will discuss the why's and how's of academic publishing. Topics to be covered include why publish, what editors are looking for, writing tips, insights into the editorial process, and how to get attention for your work. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to review materials submitted and reviewed by the Journal of General Internal Medicine, where the instructor is co-Editor-in-Chief.