Student Nurse Extern Program
Summer Student Nurse Extern Program: June 5 – August 31, 2017
Application Acceptance Period: April 11 – 18, 2017
General Student Nurse Extern Program: Continuous Openings
The Student Nurse Extern (SNE) program is an excellent opportunity for nursing students to gain experience in the many different components of the health care field.
The SNE will be hired into the role of Hospital Assistant I and may work up to 1 year of not more than 1,000 hours (except for summer program).
Student Nurse Extern must:
- Be in good standing and maintain enrollment in an accredited BSN School of Nursing Program
- Have completed the second semester of their nursing program by program start date
- Be able to work a consistent number of hours per week
- Applicants for pediatric units must have completed the third semester of their nursing program by program start date and also completed their pediatric rotation
MATERIALS REQUIRED for the application process in order to be considered for the program are the following:
1) COMPLETION OF ENTIRE on-line application
2) Cover Letter (Address Letter to: Nurse Recruitment)
4) Unofficial Transcripts ( Required documentation of 3.0 minimum GPA ) .
(To submit Cover Letter, Resume and Transcripts, you MUST submit as ONE DOCUMENT!)
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION on your Resume :
1) EDUCATION: School Name, Location of School, Type of Program, Month/Year Completed
2) CLINICAL ROTATIONS, Hospital Name, Department/Unit, Total Number of HOURS and Length of Time Frame (Month/Year Completed)
NOTE: DOCUMENT on resume any Internships, Externships, Volunteer, Leadership role, Community Services or Activities related to nursing that have contributed to your professional growth.
To Submit Applications:
- Employment Website: ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/hr
- Search/Apply for Jobs Link
- ALL OTHER APPLICANTS
- View Job Posting/Apply for Job
- Under Student Nurse Job Categories – Find Nurse Extern position
- Place in your Job Basket – Apply for Job in Basket to apply for position
For New Applicants, you will need to register (create) a new account (follow instructions on website).
Contract: Nurse Recruitment Office (916) 734-2742.
To Apply: www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/hr