The best minds in medicine need your support!
Many people are surprised to learn that less than 5 percent of the funding for the UC Davis Department of Internal Medicine comes from the state government. Long before California began encountering the budget woes that led to its $26 billion deficit, the Department of Medicine began planning for the future by enlisting other sources of support. Much to our gratitude, scores of philanthropic-minded individuals, corporations, foundations, service organizations and grateful patients have consistently contributed donations that constitute a substantial portion of the funds we need.
The generosity of donors has immeasurably helped us to maintain and expand our patient services, advance medical science through research, and train the physicians of tomorrow. Our ability to sustain our level of excellence would almost certainly have been in jeopardy without the support of so many dedicated and compassionate supporters. If you’re interested in joining us, please let us know.
When you support Internal Medicine at UC Davis, you help strengthen:
- the region's only academic medical center
- lasting and essential funding for new research endeavors leading to bench-to-bedside breakthrough treatments
- scholarships for medical students to help fund tuition relief
- endowed chairs, professorships and fellowships to produce annual income that reinforces our ability to recruit and retain top faculty members
- our goal to advance health care here in our local community and throughout the globe.