Parking maps and information
Some parking and building entrances at UC Davis Medical Center may have changed since your last visit:
- The hospital's main entrances and parking areas, including long-term parking, are located off X Street.
- The main short- and long-term parking is now Parking Structure 3 off X Street. Due to construction, Parking Structure 1 off Colonial Way is closed to patients and visitors. (Cypress Building short-term lots remain open).
- Due to construction, the University Tower entrance doors from Parking Structure 3 are closed. Depending on your destination, please use the adjacent South Entrance doors or the hospital's Main Entrance.
More information below.
Highway and street directions:
Interactive driving directions » (Google maps)
Parking and wayfinding directions:
Or scroll down this page for parking information.
Unless otherwise noted, parking is $2 per hour with a $12 daily maximum. Extended-stay permits are available in Structure 3; please visit the cashier station. For additional info, call 916-734-2687.
Emergency room short-term parking
Emergency-room patients and their visitors can find short-term parking in the Emergency Department lot, accessible from 45th Street, off X Street. A parking permit, good for a daily maximum of 6 hours, will be provided at check-in. This courtesy is extended to patients at no charge. Vehicles requiring longer parking are encouraged to park in Parking Structure 3, adjacent to the hospital's main entrance.
Please do not park in spaces reserved for medical staff, as you may be cited.
Brief drop-offs are allowed in the driveway at the emergency room entrance where signage indicates. Please be careful and considerate of pedestrians, and do not block traffic or leave your vehicle unattended. Do not block entries or exits for emergency vehicles.
Main parking and long-term parking
Off X Street, Parking Structure 3 is the main parking and long-term parking for UC Davis Medical Center, with more than 400 spaces allocated for patients and visitors and no time limit. An electronic system displays how many spaces are available. Each space has a green (open) or red (occupied) light to indicate if the space is available. Disabled spaces are available.
Pay at the cashier station or at an automated pay station before returning to your vehicle – there is no cashier at the exit gate to collect your payment in Parking Structure 3.
Other short-term parking
- Off X Street, Lot 3 is located next to the traffic circle in front of the main entrance. It has more than 90 spaces and a 2 1/2-hour limit. Pay at an automated station/display receipt. Disabled spaces are available.
- Off Colonial Way, short-term parking is available in Lot 1, the metered lot at the south side of the Cypress Building facing Stockton Boulevard. The maximum time limit is 2 1/2 hours. Follow payment instructions. Disabled parking is available. See map » (PDF)
- Off Colonial Way, additional short-term parking is available in Lot 8, around the front of the Cypress Building, adjacent to 39th Street. The maximum time limit is 2 1/2 hours. Follow payment instructions. See map » (PDF)
Patient drop-offs/pick-ups; wheelchair and mobility assistance
Brief patient drop-offs and pick-ups are allowed in the driveway at the main hospital entrance, and in the driveway at the emergency room entrance where signage indicates. Please be careful and considerate of pedestrians, and do not block traffic or leave your vehicle unattended. Do not block entries or exits for emergency vehicles.
Patients who require a wheelchair or other mobility assistance can request it at the front entrance. To otherwise request wheelchair or mobility assistance, call 916-703-4309 to contact a patient transport dispatcher. Or visit the cashier’s station on Level 1 of Parking Structure 3.
As of July 2016, short- and long-term parking for patients and visitors is no longer available in Parking Structure 1 on the west side of the hospital, due to construction. Long-term parking is available in Parking Structure 3. For more information on alternatives, see the printable Parking Structure 1 alternatives map » (PDF) and the First-floor wayfinding during construction » map (PDF).