School of Medicine Proposal Approval Process
As of November 1, 2017, the School of Medicine transitioned to Cayuse SP. Cayuse SP is the electronic replacement to the data sheet and is designed to provide a more efficient way of capturing proposal data, approving proposals and routing proposals to Sponsored Programs Office. Inter-office mail, email or drop-box methods of proposal approval and submission is no longer accepted.
Please review the guidelines prior to submitting your proposal for School of Medicine (SOM) approval. Make sure to list SOM as the last unit in the approval chain when submitting your proposal. Once all of the applicable Department Chairs/Directors have approved the proposal in Cayuse SP, the system will automatically send an email notification to SOM indicating there is a pending approval. SOM requires at least 1 business day after the Cayuse email notification for review before it will be approved.
Using Mozilla Firefox, please submit your proposal here – If the link does not work, copy and paste the link in your Mozilla Firefox browser.
**For clinical trials that go to Health Systems Contracts, please follow the updated Clinical Trials (CT) Workflow June 2018. The UC Davis Health Clinical Trials Contracts Office migrated to Cayuse SP on July 1, 2018 for all industry-funded clinical trial contracts.
Please keep the following in mind when submitting to the UC Davis Health Clinical Trials Contracts office:
- All CDAs should continue to be submitted directly to the Clinical Trials Contracts Office analyst (Lorie Dilts) via email with an editable agreement and e-mail chain that identifies the external contact for negotiation.
- Review the Handbook for Department Industry-Funded Clinical Trial Staff, Principal Investigators and Approvers (“Handbook”) for step-by-step instructions on how to submit through Cayuse SP. https://spark.ucdavis.edu/wp-content/uploads/Cayuse-End-users_CT-Specific.pdf
- You will still need to secure a signature from your Department Chair on the UBT. After the UBT has been signed by the Department Chair, you will submit the UBT to the Clinical Trials Contracts budget analyst (Julie Calahan), who will review and upload into Cayuse SP.
- Review the attached business process workflow to determine the responsibilities of the department. This workflow is also included in the Handbook.
- All COI disclosures on the 700U and Form 800 will be required to be submitted through the eCOI online disclosure system beginning July 1st: https://or-forms.ucdavis.edu/. Please contact the Research Compliance and Integrity team directly with any questions on this process.
Overview/ useful information:
- Click here for extramural grant support information.
- Visit the Cayuse SP quick start guide and Cayuse Handbook for an overview of the process and step-by-step instructions.
- Visit the Spark page for additional information and training material.
Contact (email@example.com or 916-703-9141) with any questions for SOM procedure clarification or any other questions.