Infant Sibling Study Publications
The participation of families enrolled in the Infant Sibling Study over the last 15 years has led to the publication of over 27 scientific papers (and counting!). Preliminary analysis of the Video Referenced Infant Rating System for Autism (VIRSA) looks promising in its aim to capture infant social behaviors, and we look forward to future publication of the results after testing of the VIRSA is complete.
In the meantime, please see below for a sample of the Infant Sibling Study publications that might be of most interest thus far. If you are interested in reading these articles, they may be accessed online by entering the PMCID number (text in bold below) in a Google search.
- Ozonoff, S., Young, G.S., Steinfeld, M.B., Hill, M.M., Cook, I., Hutman, T., Macari, S., Rogers, S.J., & Sigman, M. (2009). How early do parent concerns predict later autism diagnosis? Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 30, 367-375. PMCID: 2919345
- Ozonoff, S., Iosif, A., Baguio, F., Cook, I.C., Hill, M.M., Hutman, T., Rogers, S.J., Rozga, A., Sangha, S., Sigman, M., Steinfeld, M.B., & Young, G.S. (2010). A prospective study of the emergence of early behavioral signs of autism. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 49, 258-268. PMCID: 2923050
- Ozonoff, S., Young, G.S., Carter, A., Messinger, D., Yirmiya, N., Zwaigenbaum, L., Bryson, S., Carver, L.J., Constantino, J.N., Dobkins, K., Hutman, T., Iverson, J.M., Landa, R., Rogers, S.J., Sigman, M., & Stone, W.L. (2011). Recurrence risk for autism spectrum disorders: A Baby Siblings Research Consortium study. Pediatrics, 128, e488-e495. PMCID: 3164092
- Zwaigenbaum, L., Young, G.S., Stone, W.L., Dobkins, K., Ozonoff, S., et al. (2014). Early head growth in infants at risk of autism: A baby siblings research consortium study. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 53, 1053-1062. PMCID: 4173119
- Ozonoff, S., Young, G.S., Landa, R.J., Brian, J., Bryson, S., Charman, T., Chawarska, K., Macari, S.L., Messinger, D., Stone, W.L., Zwaigenbaum, & Iosif, A.M. (2015). Diagnostic stability in young children at risk for autism spectrum disorder: A baby siblings research consortium study. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 56, 988-998. PMCID: 4532646
- Messinger, D.S., Young, G.S., Webb, S.J., Ozonoff, S., … & Zwaigenbaum, L. (2015). Early sex differences are not autism-specific: A baby siblings research consortium (BSRC) study. Molecular Autism, 6, 32-42. PMCID: 4455973
- Miller, M., Iosif, A.M., Young, G.S., Hill, M., Hanzel, E.P., Hutman, T., Johnson, S., & Ozonoff, S. (2016). School-age outcomes of infants at risk for autism spectrum disorder. Autism Research, 9, 632-642. PMCID: 4826645