The UC Davis Nursing Science and Health-Care Leadership Graduate Group prepares nurse leaders, researchers and faculty in a unique interdisciplinary and interprofessional environment. The graduate group is composed of faculty from across campus with expertise in nursing, medicine, health informatics, nutrition, biostatistics, pharmacy, sociology and public health. The Nursing Science and Health-Care Leadership Graduate Group leads five graduate degree programs, including the doctoral and the master's-degree entry-level nurse, physician assistant, nurse practitioner and leadership programs.
The Nursing Science and Health-Care Leadership program:
- Provides a rigorous program in research methods/design and translational science
- Offers flexible curricula individualized to students’ interest areas
- Ensures interdisciplinary and interprofessional teaching and learning
- Provides research and practice opportunities that encourage development of leadership skills
- Facilitates cultural inclusiveness
- Collaborates with university and community partners
Graduates of the Nursing Science and Health-Care Leadership Graduate Degree Program are prepared for academic and leadership positions exercising scientific thinking, responsibility, initiative, cultural inclusiveness, knowledge of organizations and system change, teamwork and a commitment to healthy communities.