Masters in Public Health
Our mission is to develop the public health leaders of the future by providing a high-quality Masters degree curriculum in partnership with the public health community. We accomplish this through the collaborative efforts of the UC Davis community, including the Schools of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Management, Law, Education, and Nursing and the Colleges of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Biological Sciences, Engineering, and Letters & Science. These collaborations offer students content expertise in general public health and health disparities, agricultural and rural health, nutrition, reproductive and women’s health, chronic diseases, epidemiologic and biostatistical methodology, informatics, infectious and zoonotic diseases, health economics, health-care quality and outcomes, and others.
We promote a practical public health focus through our historically strong partnership with the public health community, including the California Department of Public Health, local county health departments, and non-profit agencies. These partnerships comprise teaching, student mentorship and field placements, research, service, direction, and support for the UC Davis M.P.H. Program.
- Educate M.P.H. students in the core public health content areas necessary for a career and leadership in public health.
- Provide practicum placements with the public health community to integrate theory and practice for locally relevant public health problems.
- Promote partnership with School of Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, other campus faculty, and the public health community in development and delivery of program curriculum.
- Maintain and support a program of research addressing public health.
- Establish linkages with and provide leadership for public health and community organizations through membership, practicum placements, research, and continuing medical education activities.
Department of Public Health Sciences - Medical Sciences 1C
University of California, Davis
Davis, CA 95616
Phone: (530) 754-9048 Fax: (530) 752-0903
Amber Carrere, M.Ed.
|Graduate Group in Public Health Program Director
Diana Cassady, Dr.P.H.
Department of Public Health Sciences
UC Davis School of Medicine