The UC Davis Pediatric Heart Center will host its second annual Concepts in Congenital Cardiac Care symposium.
The symposium will take place April 14, 2018, at Shriners Hospitals for Children Northern California, 2425 Stockton Blvd. in Sacramento, from 7:50 a.m. to 5 p.m. Registration will begin at 7:15 a.m. The event is hosted by the Pediatric Heart Center at UC Davis Children’s Hospital and the UC Davis Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME).
The event will provide a forum for collaboration within the multidisciplinary congenital cardiac community. It will highlight current applications and strategies, and address topics of broad interest to providers of pediatric cardiac care in the hospital and surrounding outreach communities.
The Concepts in Congenital Cardiac Care symposium will feature lectures, case studies and interactive workshops, including:
- Evolution of the Heart - Andrew Pelech, professor of Pediatric Cardiology at UC Davis
- Interventions: Now and Into the Future – Frank Ing, chief of the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at UC Davis
- Challenges of the Fontan Circulation – Andrew Pelech, professor of Pediatric Cardiology at UC Davis
- Tomorrow and Beyond: Visions for the Future – Amy Rahm, assistant professor of Pediatric Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery at UC Davis
In addition, there will be three simultaneous learning focus groups with collaborative participation from multiple additional speakers:
- Acute Care – most suitable for intensive care, neonatal and emergency room nurses, intensivists, hospitalists and physicians.
- Community and Family Pediatric Cardiology – most suitable for community practitioners, home health and school nurses, social workers, medical assistants and parents of children with congenital heart disease.
- Echocardiography – most suitable for pediatric and adult echo sonographers
“We are proud to host the second annual symposium, which will introduce current concepts and technical advances in the provision of congenital cardiac care as well as provide an update on the services provided by our Pediatric Heart Center,” said Lynette Mendoza, practice manager of the UC Davis Pediatric Heart Center.
Registration is available at http://conferences.ucdavis.edu/ucdcongenitalsymposium
Tuition is $100 for physicians, $30 for community/family and $60 for all others. UC Davis Health designates this live activity for CME – up to a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.